Being brutally honest about books

Sunday 28 August 2016

Goodreads Book Tag

I came across this cute little book tag on The Review Room and decided to share what I've been reading recently. As you may know from an earlier rant, I love Goodreads and use it every day, so if here's what my profile kind of looks like at the moment.


What was the last book you marked as read?
If Not, Winter: Fragments of Sappho

If Not, Winter: Fragments of Sappho by
What are you currently reading?
13130788
I've been reading this for months. It's soooo long!

What was the last book you marked as TBR?
25497701

Rooks and Romanticide by J. I. Radke

What book do you plan to read next? 
Either one of three books on my bookshelf (Strange Are the Ways by Teresa Crane, Pompeii by Robert Harris, Sacred Country by Rose Tremain) or Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace on my ereader.

Do you use the star rating system?
Yep, I find it very helpful. My rating system is the same for this blog and Goodreads.

Are you doing a 2016 reading challenge?
Nope. I last did a reading challenge in 2012. So on the challenge box it just says, "I want to read books in 2016," which is very accurate. I just want to read books this year, not a specific number.

Do you have a wishlist?
I have a to-get list, but since books are so expensive it's a very short list. This is it:

Blank 133x176

Darkbane (The Legendsong #3) by
Cleopatra's Shadows
Cleopatra's Shadows by
Do you have any favourite quotes? Would you like to share a few? 
With pleasure! 

“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”
Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
Marcus Tullius Cicero 
“We read books to find out who we are. What other people, real or imaginary, do and think and feel... is an essential guide to our understanding of what we ourselves are and may become.”
Ursula K. Le Guin 
“We don’t need a list of rights and wrongs, tables of dos and don’ts: we need books, time, and silence. Thou shalt not is soon forgotten, but Once upon a time lasts forever.”
Philip Pullman 
“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring  
Who are your favourite authors?
My three most-read authors are Tamora Pierce, Louise Rennison, and John Marsden but they aren't necessarily my favourites. I'm still just getting my foot in the door of adult books so I haven't found any favourites yet there.
 
Have you joined any groups?
I did, but I've since left them. I don't remember if I ever posted anything in those groups. I've actually never been in any book groups, online or offline. I'm not sure that they'd work for me.

I tag...

Everyone reading this who uses Goodreads!
I'm Alexandria, a 19-year-old reader/writer/blogger from New Zealand. I love language, history, and sci-fi. Hi! I'm always around if you want to talk, which you can do via comments, the contact form, or Facebook.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.